As the name suggests, an instant pendant light conversion kit provides you with the tools needed to convert from recessed cans into a pendant light. It is perfect for people who don’t want to call their electrician and love DIY projects.
For me, the Westinghouse conversion kit helped me convert my canned lights to pendants. Before, I taught this conversion was difficult to perform, however, after doing some research I found the right kit.
I am a stay at home mom, on a budget so, this kit came in handy when I wanted to upgrade to beautiful hanging lights. There are many kits to choose from, but here are three of my favorites.
Westinghouse Recessed Light Converter – 2 Pack
The Westinghouse recessed lighting converter is a popular choice when converting to pendant lights. With thousands of satisfied customers, this kit is easy to install, and the parts fit smoothly together.
The plastic ring given in the package helps hide the blemish after installation and you can paint the ring to suit your home style.
Bazz Slim Smart Home Wi-Fi RGB LED Recessed Lighting
If you are part of the smart home clique, then the Bazz is a perfect choice. It is easy to install and has dimmable features. When your eyes are sensitive after waking up, you can use voice commands to decrease the brightness.
Other features include Google and Alexa compatibility and LED lighting that is energy-efficient as well as long-lasting. While this kit is not for pendant lights, it helps you convert your previous recessed light into a smart fixture.
Worth Home Products Pendant Converter Kit
The Worth Home converts your plain canned light into a stylish hanging chandelier in minutes. Packed with all the tools needed, you don’t have to dish out any extra money for the installation.
It is as simple as adjusting the cord length, screwing in the recessed can and sliding up the decorative cover plate. Furthermore, it is excellent for homeowners who enjoy tackling DIY projects. The parts are durable and it is very affordable.
Why Convert To Pendant Lights
After a while, homeowners are tired of seeing the same style of lighting and are looking for a change. Maybe that specific canned light stop working and you need an upgrade. No matter the reason, converting to pendant lights has its advantages that I will discuss below.
- Adaptable–Unlike canned lights, you can adjust pendants height to better suit your liking.
- Versatile–Pendant lights are available in different styles from retro, modern to classic. The sky is the limit when picking these fixtures for your home.
- Provides More Light–Lighting is an important aspect of a home. Because of the angle and height of pendant lights they offer more illumination for places which are hard to light.
- Affordable–Since pendant lights are so popular, there are widely available and is cheaper.
Installing Instant Pendant Light Conversion Kits
If you are having trouble using the converter kit, this guide will help you out.
- Disconnect power supply before installation.
- Remove the bulb from the existing fixture.
- Loosen cord restraint under the canopy on the fixture and allow the canopy to move down the cord.
- Loosen cord vice on socket assembly with a screwdriver to adjust cord length.
- Pull the cord through until at the proper length and then tighten the cord vice with the screwdriver to hold the cord at the desired length.
- Screw socket assembly at top of the fixture into a recessed light fixture socket.
- Lift canopy on the fixture to ceiling, arranging excess cord in the canopy so that fixture.
- Remove the socket ring from the socket on the fixture
- Then, attach a glass shade and bulb.
You don’t have to call your electrician anymore when converting to pendant lights. The kit offers you complete control when installing your light and is great for beginners and experts alike.
I am a wife and mom with two kids. I am also a writer, avid DIYer, and tech enthusiast. My favorite things are writing, shopping online for gadgets, and gizmos I can’t afford (yet). Being at home with my kids is the best part of my day!